Rockingham County Realignment
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY COMMISSIONERS APPROVE PLAN TO REALIGN WITH SANDHILLS CENTER
On July 19, 2021, the Rockingham County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution to realign responsibility for publicly-funded behavioral health services from Cardinal Innovations Healthcare to Sandhills Center. A Disengagement Plan has been developed and is available for review.
The Commissioners have sent a letter and the plan to Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). In the coming months, Sec. Cohen is expected to review the plan and decide whether to approve the realignment request. A transition date would be determined after approval.
Recently, the Davidson County Board of Commissioners adopted a similar resolution to join Sandhills Center. Sandhills Center is working with Davidson County representatives on the transition planning process.
As a Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization, Sandhills Center works with the NCDHHS to provide access to Medicaid and state-funded mental health, substance use disorder and intellectual/developmental disabilities services for individuals residing in the central North Carolina counties of Anson, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph and Richmond. “Sandhills Center is pleased to have the opportunity to work with the Rockingham County Board of Commissioners to create a solid framework for a future realignment,” said Sandhills Center CEO Victoria Whitt. “We have a long history of working collaboratively with individuals, families and stakeholders to offer access to the best care for our members within their home communities.”
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE REALIGNMENT IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY
- Current Sandhills Center contracted agencies, facilities, hospitals, group and solo licensed independent contractors (posted 9/21/2021) -- With the planned realignment of Rockingham County into the Sandhills Center catchment area on December 1, 2021, Sandhills Center and Cardinal Innovations staff are working together to exchange information on currently contracted providers, sites and services. Sandhills Center staff are working to add provider sites and/or services for providers in good standing with Sandhills Center to our network. For those providers with additions, a formal contract amendment reflecting the additional site(s) and service(s) with an effective date of November 10, 2021 will be sent to you in mid-November.
- Agencies, facilities, hospitals, group and solo licensed independent contractors currently not contracted with Sandhills Center (posted 9/21/2021) -- For providers contracted to serve Rockingham County members who are not currently in the Sandhills Center network, Sandhills Center and Cardinal Innovations staff are working together to exchange information on currently contracted Cardinal Innovations providers, sites and services. Sandhills Center staff are in the process of reviewing the information for providers in good standing at the time of the transfer to determine network engagement. A Network Operations representative will reach out to you if additional clarification is needed. Providers who will be added to the Sandhills Center network will be sent a formal contract in mid-November with an effective start date of November 10, 2021. Your assigned Provider Network Credentialing Specialist will reach out to you for more information as needed.
- News release from Rockingham County Government - Nov. 18, 2021
- Rockingham County Letter, Resolution and Disengagement Plan
- Announcement from the Rockingham County website
FOR CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES - GET TO KNOW SANDHILLS CENTER
- Members and Families Meeting (Virtual and In-Person) - 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021. Location: Rockingham Community College. Click here for the event flyer.
- Consumers & Families Home Page
- En español - Spanish-Language Home Page
- Member Handbook (updated December 2022)
- Provider Directory
- Innovations Waiver
- 24/7/365 Call Center - 1-800-256-2452
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line - 1-833-600-2054
- Contact Us
FOR PROVIDERS - GET TO KNOW SANDHILLS CENTER
SANDHILLS CENTER WILL HOST A VIRTUAL PROVIDER FORUM/ORIENTATION FOR PROVIDERS IN DAVIDSON AND ROCKINGHAM COUNTIES
Date: Friday, October 29, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. to Noon
Log-in Information: Click here to join
- or -
Join by Phone: 1-415-655-0001 Meeting number: 2634 452 9154
Please connect to the meeting at or after 8:50 a.m. If possible, please join by your computer so you can see the slides and use the chat function.