Throughout the year, Sandhills Center hosts scheduled quarterly Provider Forums to provide updates on administrative and clinical matters. We also review significant changes in state and federal requirements, and offer other information that assists providers in achieving compliance with requirements to remain in good standing with both Sandhills Center and the state. Outside subject matter experts may be a part of these meetings, as well.
PROVIDER FORUM/ANNUAL ORIENTATION - MAY 26, 2021
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Please join us for our Sandhills Center Provider Forum/Annual Orientation - Wednesday, May 26, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to Noon, via WebEx.
This informative meeting will include a training session by NC Medicaid staff, a behavioral health update by Sandhills Center CEO Victoria Whitt and other topics of interest.
An agenda and WebEx link will be available closer to the event. For now, please hold the date.
- Crossover to NC Medicaid Managed Care/Standard Plan Option: A Provider Training (Webinar). Following are some details about what to expect during the May 26, 2021 Provider Forum/Annual Orientation:
- An overview of NC Medicaid’s Transition to the Standard Plan Option.
- Guidance to Behavioral Health Providers that will be supporting members transitioning to a Standard Plan Health Plan on July 1, 2021.
- Presented by: NC Medicaid staff.
- Additional Provider Forum Topics:
- Behavioral Health Update – State and Local
- Credentialing/Re-Credentialing Clarifications
- ASAM Training Requirement
- End of Year Billing Deadlines for State Services
- Appendix K Flexibilities
- Transition to Alpha+
Quarterly Provider Forums
Typically, there are two sessions each quarter -- one is held in the northern part of the Sandhills Center region, and one in the southern portion.
We ask that you please plan to attend only one session. There is no cost, and registration is not required.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the schedule for all upcoming in-person Provider Forums will be announced at a later date. In the meantime, Sandhills Center plans to post all Provider Forum materials here on our website.