Training & Events
Posted 3/2023: Sandhills Center JIVA training - video link
Update on Provider Training Requirements 1/17/2023 - PDF
Each year, Sandhills Center conducts a thorough evaluation of the training needs of providers and staff throughout our service area by seeking input from various committees and community collaboratives. This evaluation process is comprehensive and wide-reaching because we have a long-standing commitment to building a strong network of providers for the communities we serve. Through the use of targeted training sessions, technical assistance and community education, we are elevating the quality of services being offered in our area. We are ensuring that members are served by well-trained, experienced provider staff that are up to date on the most advanced clinical practices.
A number of training opportunities, workshops and events are available to Sandhills Center's Provider Network. In addition to an annual orientation for providers and a clinical training series throughout the year, we offer online and in-person tools and training sessions to teach providers how to access and send secure emails and how to use the ALPHA MCS billing system.
Additionally, Sandhills Center hosts a variety of regular events such as quarterly Provider Forums in which we listen to feedback and make adjustments to help you serve members. Please refer to the following topics and training pages for specific information, and also visit the training and events calendar to view and register for upcoming opportunities.
Learning Management System
Sandhills Center maintains a Learning Management System (LMS) that is a repository of trainings available for providers to enhance their skills and understanding of the Tailored Plan system.
Important information about registration: To get started in the LMS, you must first complete the registration. You only have to register in the system once. Please take your time and review the detailed instructions carefully to ensure you are registering correctly. In addition, there will be videos on the main page with information about how to register in the LMS system as well as how to navigate the courses once you have logged in.
A few key items to note: You should make sure that cookies are enabled on your browser.
During registration, you will be asked to select:
- Role - enter provider
- Provider Role Agency - write in option (write the complete agency name – no abbreviations)
- Sandhills Center Provider ID – obtain this from your agency (this number is located in Alpha; staff that submit SARs will know it or can find it).
If you run into problems while registering, you can click on the “?” symbol on the bottom right corner of the webpage, select “Contact Site Support,” and fill out the form. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Once you have registered and logged into your account, you can access your assigned courses by selecting “My courses” at the top of the screen.
LMS training sessions will take time to review. Once you have completed your review, you will take a quiz. You will have a limited number of times to successfully complete the quiz.
A certificate will be awarded when your training is complete. As part of the Tailored Plan requirements, Sandhills Center is required to offer specific training (some of which have reciprocity with other plans). Although we strongly recommend these training sessions (as listed below) providers are not required to take any specific training.
We can accept the following training if completed through any of the Tailored or Standard Plans:
- Health Promotion and Prevention (with 3 topics covered -- Infection Control and Prevention Practices, Tobacco Cessation, and Prevention and Population Health Programs)
- EPSDT and Into the Mouths of Babes
- Fraud Waste and Abuse
- Culturally Linguistically Competent Care Training
We strongly recommend the completion of these courses:
- Provider Orientation, which includes Provider Network Operations (with Provider Grievance and Appeals), Quality Management, Customer Services, Care Management/Utilization Management, NC Innovations, Housing, and Sandhills Center Website
- Block Grant Training
- Medicaid Managed Care vs. Medicaid Direct for Providers
These courses are also available as self-enrolled courses for staff who are interested:
- Transitions of Care
- Guidance for Clozapine Prescribing and Monitoring
- First Episode Psychosis (FEP)
- System of Care Principles and Processes in NC
- High-Fidelity Wraparound Service
- Medicaid B-3 Services
- Overview of State-Funded Services
If you have questions: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org