Davidson County Realignment
DAVIDSON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS APPROVE PLAN TO REALIGN WITH SANDHILLS CENTER
On June 22, 2021, the Davidson County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution and plan to move behavioral health services from Cardinal Innovations Healthcare to Sandhills Center. A letter, along with the plan, was sent to Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Sandhills Center is the Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization that manages mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use disorder services in Anson, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph and Richmond counties in central North Carolina.
“Sandhills Center is honored to have conversations with Davidson County to examine how individuals and families who receive publicly-funded behavioral health services can be best served,” said Sandhills Center CEO Victoria Whitt. “The Davidson County Board of Commissioners reached out to us because they recognize Sandhills Center’s unwavering commitment to people currently served in our region. We are engaged in discussions as to how a realignment could be structured.”
Secretary Cohen is expected to review the Davidson County plan and provide a decision in the coming months. If approved, a transition date will be determined.
“Throughout this process, Sandhills Center is committed to working closely with Davidson County leadership to collaborate with members, families, providers and the communities affected,” Whitt added. “Our leadership and Board of Directors are committed to ensuring transparency and a smooth transition that benefits all stakeholders.”
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE REALIGNMENT IN DAVIDSON COUNTY:
- Current Sandhills Center contracted agencies, facilities, hospitals, group and solo licensed independent contractors (posted 9/21/2021) -- With the planned realignment of Davidson County into the Sandhills Center catchment area on December 1, 2021, Sandhills Center and Cardinal Innovations staff are working together to exchange information on currently contracted providers, sites and services. Sandhills Center staff are working to add provider sites and/or services for providers in good standing with Sandhills Center to our network. For those providers with additions, a formal contract amendment reflecting the additional site(s) and service(s) with an effective date of November 10, 2021, will be sent to you in mid-November.
- Agencies, facilities, hospitals, group and solo licensed independent contractors not currently contracted with Sandhills Center (posted 9/21/2021) -- For providers contracted to serve Davidson County members who are not currently in the Sandhills Center network, Sandhills Center and Cardinal Innovations staff are working together to exchange information on currently contracted Cardinal Innovations providers, sites and services. Sandhills Center staff are in the process of reviewing the information for providers in good standing at the time of the transfer to determine network engagement. A Network Operations representative will reach out to you if additional clarification is needed. Providers who will be added to the Sandhills Center network will be sent a formal contract in mid-November with an effective start date of November 10, 2021. Your assigned Provider Network Credentialing Specialist will reach out to you for more information, as needed.
- Link to the news release on the Sandhills Center website - 6/24/2021
- Link to the announcement on the Davidson County website - 6/24/2021
FOR CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES - GET TO KNOW SANDHILLS CENTER
- Members and Families Meeting (Virtual and In-Person) - 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021. Location: Davidson-Davie Community College. Click here for the event flyer.
- Consumers & Families Home Page
- En español - Spanish-Language Home Page
- Member Handbook (updated December 2022)
- Provider Directory
- Innovations Waiver
- 24/7/365 Call Center - 1-800-256-2452
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line - 1-833-600-2054
- Contact Us
FOR PROVIDERS - GET TO KNOW SANDHILLS CENTER
SANDHILLS CENTER WILL HOST A VIRTUAL PROVIDER FORUM/ORIENTATION FOR PROVIDERS IN DAVIDSON AND ROCKINGHAM COUNTIES
Date: Friday, October 29, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. to Noon
Log-in Information: Click here to join
- or -
Join by Phone: 1-415-655-0001 Meeting number: 2634 452 9154
Please connect to the meeting at or after 8:50 a.m. If possible, please join by your computer so you can see the slides and use the chat function.