Sandhills Center seeks B-3 Transitional Living Program provider
Sandhills Center has issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for B-3 Transitional Living Program services for young adults with mental health and or substance abuse diagnoses.
The proposals requested can be from nonprofit and for-profit providers to offer these services for young adults whose Medicaid county, as designated by the Department of Social Services, is within the Sandhills Center catchment area of Anson, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, and Richmond. Agencies are not required to be in the current Sandhills Center provider network, but if selected through this RFP process, services must be provided within the Sandhills Center catchment area.
Service: The Transitional Living program is designed to aid young adults learn living skills needed to succeed independently. These young adults are individuals who are leaving the foster care, juvenile justice or mental health systems. Self-sufficiency skills, community reintegration, education, vocational skills and job training/experience are major components in the program.
Population to be Served: Medicaid members, ages 16 through 21, with a DSM-4TR Axis A diagnosis or equivalent DSM-5 diagnosis, must demonstrate a deficit in at least one Instrumental Activity of Daily Living, AND a CALOCUS Level 1 outpatient services score or greater, OR LOCUS Level 1-Recovery Maintenance and Health Management score or greater, OR ASAM Level I score or greater.
Contract: Through this RFP process, Sandhills Center expects to award a Medicaid contract to the responsible provider(s) whose proposal(s) is/are determined to be acceptable and most responsive to the requirements of this RFP.
If you are interested in receiving a copy of this RFP, please contact Amanda Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a fax to her attention at 336-389-6533. Please include the following information on your request:
- Request to be placed on mailing list for the B3 Transitional Living Program RFP
- Name and address of Agency
- Name of Contact Person
- Phone and e-mail address of Contact Person
Only those parties submitting a written request will receive a copy of the RFP document and application. Written requests must be received by June 6, 2019. Proposals will be due June 27, 2019 by 5:00 pm, at Sandhills Center, 185 Grant Street, West End, NC 27376.
Question and Answer sessions: Attendance at one or both Q&A is not required. The purpose of the Q&A, or Bidders’ Conference, is to answer questions potential applicants may have regarding completion of the proposal, services, time requirements, etc.
- On Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 10:30 am, a Question & Answer session will be held at Sandhills Center, 185 Grant St., Room 101, West End, NC 27376,
- On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, at 10:30 am, a Question & Answer session will be held at Sandhills Center, Room 201, 201 N. Eugene Street, Greensboro NC 27401. Parking is not available on site, so please allow time for parking. There is some metered parking on the street, or you may choose to park at the 422 W. Friendly Avenue lot ($5.00) or the parking deck on Greene Street.
Minutes will be taken at the Bidders’ Conference and will be mailed to all potential applicants who have requested a copy of the RFP in writing from Sandhills Center.