Sandhills Center earns high marks from providers
The results of a recently-commissioned survey by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) shows that Sandhills Center continues to maintain a strong relationship with providers while successfully conducting oversight and management of the behavioral health services in our local communities.
The survey, which measured provider satisfaction among each Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO), was administered by an independent review organization on behalf of DHHS. Sandhills Center is very pleased with the results we achieved. The following is a summary of highlights:
- Sandhills Center scored as the highest LME-MCO on 13 of 23 questions, the most of any of our peers.
- Our score was 91.8 percent for the question that rates overall LME-MCO satisfaction This was the highest score within our peer organizations, and is a score statistically and significantly higher than the overall average score for 2017. Other areas were Sandhills Center score the highest were:
- Accessibility for information, referrals and scheduling of appointments.
- Response time for provider needs.
- Responsiveness to local community stakeholders
- Accurate, timely processing of claims
- Informative, helpful training for information technology and provider network issues, and keeping providers updated, as well as answering questions accurately.
- Providing a useful website with the tools and materials necessary for successful operation
- Sandhills Center had 13 results that were statistically higher than the 2017 NC Overall result, and had no result that was statistically lower than the 2017 NC Overall result.
We recognize the importance of periodically gauging provider satisfaction. Engaging providers allows us to gain feedback about key elements that ultimately affect outcomes for our members. Providers’ opinions also are important because they offer indicators of how we can identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
We are pleased to see that the data we received from the DHHS survey reaffirms Sandhills Center’s commitment to helping give providers the tools they need to offer quality, evidence-based and appropriate solutions for our members.