IMPORTANT NEWS FOR FAMILIES:
Innovations Waiver Listening Sessions webinar option — click here.
The North Carolina Innovations Waiver is a resource for funding services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are at risk for institutional care in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IDD). NC Innovations provides an array of community-based services and supports. These are alternatives to institutional care that promote choice, control and community integration. Individuals on NC Innovations Waivers must meet eligibility criteria.
NC Innovations seeks to support individuals to live the life they choose by:
- Valuing and supporting waiver participants to be full-functioning members of their communities.
- Promoting promising practices that result in real-life outcomes for participants.
- Providing opportunities for all participants to direct their services to the extent that they choose.
- Offering service options that facilitate each participant’s ability to live in homes they choose, gain employment or engage in a purposeful day of their choice, and achieve their life goals.
- Providing educational opportunities and support to foster the development of stronger natural support networks and enable participants to be less reliant on formal support systems.