Block Grant Webinars
Sandhills Center is committed to ensuring that our network providers have the necessary tools to provide quality care to our members. In early September, Sandhills Center LME-MCO hosted two mandatory provider training and technical assistance webinars for all providers who received deficiencies during the Block Grant Review. The training and technical assistance focused on the deficiencies outlined in the summary of Sandhills Center Plan of Correction.
The first webinar provided an overview of the Substance Abuse Block Grant requirements. Specifically, the following items are addressed:
Women’s Set-Aside Funding:
- Evidence that the member received gender-specific services that address areas including, but not limited to, parenting, domestic violence, eating disorders, relationships and recovery.
- Including documentation that the member’s transportation needs were assessed and addressed
- Correct Benefit plan—target population assignment
Work First Record Requirements:
- Completion of the SUDDS IV
The second webinar provided an overview of the Substance Abuse Block Grant requirements, with an emphasis placed on NCTOPPS and Documentation Requirements as follows:
NCTOPPS requirements and guidelines:
- What service requires a NCTOPPS.
- How funding affects the requirement for NCTOPPS.
- The schedule of NCTOPPS.
- How to complete the NCTOPPS—electronic or paper.
- How NCTOPPS are beneficial to providers.
- Why Super Users are important.
- How to request changes.
- Contacts at Sandhills Center.
Requirements of the Records Management and-Documentation Manual for Providers of Publicly-Funded MH/DD/SA Services CAP-MR/DD Services and Local Management Entities will be covered including–
- Required components of a valid consent to release information
- Evidence of a signed release of information between the individual’s referring county department of social services and provider to communicate regarding assessment and disposition
- Required components of service documentation
Below are the links to the three PowerPoints presented during these Webinars and a list of Q&A’s.
If you have questions please contact the following Sandhills Center Staff:
- Women’s Set Aside Funding or Work First Record Requirements – Gene McRae, Customer Services Director, 910-673-7367 — firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCTOPPS requirements and guidelines – Mary Kidd, Complaint and Incident Report Manager, 910-673-7418 — email@example.com; or Barbara Barnes, Complaint and Incident Specialist, 910-673-7482 — firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documentation requirements – Carol Robertson, Quality Management Director, 910-673-7423 — email@example.com